Monthly Giving Made Easy: The 7 Fundamentals
September 18, 11:00AM
Seven monthly giving fundamentals will help you land incredibly impactful donors.
This is an interactive webinar geared toward creating your nonprofit’s road map for monthly giving success. You have the tools—let us help you use them to the fullest.
- Get a complete road map to generate a monthly donor program.
- Know the statistics to convince your boss and board it’s time to focus on monthly giving.
- Learn best practices for recognizing, cultivating and treating monthly donors once acquired.
- Be ready to prevent lapsing monthly donors.
9 Ways to Up-Level Your Fundraising Event: Actionable Ideas to Raise More
September 18, 2:00 PM (ET)
Whether your upcoming fundraising event is next month, next year or anywhere in-between, there are crucial ways your nonprofit can get ahead and raise more for your cause, even before you open the doors! Find out how you can boost revenue to ensure a return on your investment and bring in motivated donors that help raise big money and take your event to the next level! This live webinar, 9 Ways to Up-Level Your Fundraising Event: Actionable Ideas to Raise More is here to help you maximize the return on your investment.
What You’ll Learn:
- Two crucial places to focus 50% of your time
- How to cultivate event sponsors and year-round attendees
- Building and motivating your event committee
- Innovative new ways of engaging your donors
- Strategies for boosting ticket and table sales
Nonprofit Storytelling with Financials
Sept. 19th, 2019 – 2:00pm Eastern
Walking the Walk: Engage Volunteers in Your Volunteer Engagement Program
September 19, 2:00PM
Stop just talking the talk and start walking the walk! Learn how to effectively delegate volunteer engagement and management work to volunteers so you have the opportunity to “think bigger.” We’ll discuss evaluating your program for volunteer engagement, determining how best to deploy volunteers, creating a communication plan, screening and training volunteers to be an important part of your volunteer recruiting, retention and recognition plans.
Increase your own capacity by involving volunteers in volunteer program administration. Where to go to get resources and help.
September 19, 2:00PM
Have you noticed that it’s getting harder and harder to grow your membership?
- All about The Tech Effect, the hidden threat that is making things harder for you to grow
- 5 proven strategies to address The Tech Effect and attract new members right away
- How an easy tech solution can save you hours of administrative work every day.
How to Script and Event Stage Program to Warm Hearts and Open Wallets
September 19, 3:00PM
Your stage program is the crow jewel of your event. This is the time when all eyes and ears belong to you, with guests ready and poised to open their hearts to what your organization has to say to them.
Most stage programs lack focus, meandering between random entertainment, overly-long live auctions, unprepared honorees, and awkward Asks.
Wouldn’t it be great if there was an easy-to-follow road map for creating fast-paced stage programs that engage guests and promote your organization and its’ programs?
In this webinar, you’ll learn:
- How to avoid common stage program mistakes
- How to banish overly-long live auctions
- How to choose and schedule entertainment
- How to control speakers’ and honorees’ messaging
- How to create an effective stage program
- How to identify elements to include in your stage program
- How to control the timing of your stage program
- How to help nervous honorees and speakers
- How to use powerpoint to keep your stage program running smoothly
- How to create your powerpoint template
- How to determine what graphics, music, and videos to include
- How to work with your AV team
Lobbying and Advocacy 101
Friday, September 20, 2:00 PM ET
Now more than ever, your community is relying on you to stand up for them. If you think your 501(c)(3) public charity status prevents you from advocating for new laws and policies, think again! Whether protecting the rights of undocumented immigrants, pushing for quality education, or demanding safe communities for everyone, you can legally advocate for public policy and community change at every level of government. Click here to learn more and sign up.
Funding Information Network (FIN) Information Session
September 24, 1:00PM
Join Brian Schultz, manager of the Funding Information Network at Foundation Center by Candid, to learn how the Funding Information Network program can help your nonprofit resource center, community foundation, or library support your local nonprofit and small business economy. You’ll learn about the key components of the program package, including Foundation Directory Online, grantseeking training guides, and our upcoming certification modules.
We are seeking proposals from qualified institutions (e.g. public, academic or special libraries, nonprofit resource centers, centers for innovation, community foundations, United Ways, etc.) that can help us carry out this important initiative.
Learn about the resources the network would provide to the community and see if its a fit for your organization.
Successfully Implementing Volunteer Program Changes
September 24, 2:00PM
What should you do when it’s time to change the policies and procedures that govern or guide the volunteers that work with your organization? How can you create a culture of inclusion and get buy-in for those new policies? This training will give you the tools to approach program changes in a strategic way. We will also cover what to do if volunteers either can’t or won’t adopt the policies, how to manage that situation, and what to do if ultimately you need to ask a volunteer to leave.
What You’ll Learn:
- Theories for change management
- Pitfalls and challenges around implementing changes in a volunteer engagement program
- Opportunities to build buy-in and support for changes
- What to do if you need to ask a volunteer to leave
Risk Management for Volunteer Programs
September 24, 2 p.m. ET
5 Ways to Build Buzz with Young Members on Instagram
September 24, 2:00PM
Is your organization trying to engage with more young members, but finding it a challenge to get (and keep) their attention? It can feel like you’ve tried everything — emails, posters, events — but new research suggests that Instagram could be the key.
Almost half of Millennials and Gen Z keep up with their association’s updates using Instagram, and members are spending more time on the platform than ever before.
In this free webinar, research author Amanda Myers will share the hacks, tips and tricks of making your organization Insta-worthy and show you how to attract more young members by creating posts that get noticed.
In this webinar, you’ll learn:
- The types of content you should be creating to get maximum response from your members.
- 5 quick and inexpensive ways you can use Instagram for to find new members, engage them and keep them.
- Expert tips for incorporating Instagram into your broader campaigns for an even greater impact.
6 Ways to Make Your Nonprofit’s WordPress Site Secure from Getting Hacked
September 24, 8:00PM
If you’re an IT leader or part of a nonprofit communications team, your WordPress website updates probably aren’t high on the priority list – but they should be.
It’s hard to stay on top of the site maintenance but in the back of your mind, you know it needs to be done. But while your site gets left in the dark every month, a hidden security risk grows.
It’s a matter of time before your website gets hacked.
The last thing you want added to your list is trying to figure out how to fix a site that’s been suddenly hijacked or taken offline.
Your website is an investment that’s worth protecting and it’s important that your donors and constituents have a consistently positive experience.
On this live webinar, you’ll learn:
- Why strong security is important for WordPress
- What can happen when your nonprofit’s website gets hacked
- Six practical steps you can take to keep your site protected
- Bonus tips and security recommendations
What’s My Role as a Nonprofit Board Member?
September 25, 12:00PM
You’re at the table – now what? Learn to participate in board meetings and other engagements with more confidence and knowledge about your role as a board member. We’ll cover board responsibilities and how you can be a strong resource for a nonprofit organization.
Attract New Donors this Giving Season with Your GuideStar Nonprofit Profile
September 25, 2:00PM
Don’t miss out on donations for the 2019 giving season. We’re here to help you get ready ahead of time.
Join us to learn three ways to make your nonprofit stand out on more than 200 charitable websites and applications in time for the giving season. By updating your GuideStar Nonprofit Profile, you’ll provide fresh information to GuideStar’s 10 million unique users—including foundations and individual donors—as well as the millions more who visit our partner sites, such as Charity Navigator, Facebook, AmazonSmile, and Network for Good.
Upon completion of this live, online training, you should be able to:
- Describe how your nonprofit’s information will be displayed on partner sites (e.g. Charity Navigator, Facebook, AmazonSmile, and Network for Good) during giving season
- Locate resources for earning a Platinum Seal of Transparency
- Apply tips from GuideStar’s in-house experts to maximize your Nonprofit Profile
What the Analytics from 2018 Say You Should Do For Year End Fundraising in 2019
September 26, 11:00AM
As you head into the busy year-end fundraising and outreach season, learn what the data says works for your 2019 campaigns.
Let Yesenia Sotelo of SmartCause Digital walk you through website analytics for fundraising in this information-packed training webinar specifically created for nonprofit communicators and fundraisers!
- Which marketing channels have the highest conversion rates
- How online donors behave during the most important fundraising days
- The impact of search engine optimization on your online fundraising
Photography for Nonprofits: When Pictures Speak A Thousand DOLLARS
Thursday, September 26, 1:30 PM ET
10 Quick Tips to Super Charge Your Next Fundraising Appeal
September 26, 12:00PM
Join fundraising master trainer, Chad Barger, CFRE, to review the best practices in writing fundraising appeal letters. The tips focus both on how to write content spurs action, plus tips on how to actually get them to open the appeal. This session includes the most current research on what is working and what isn’t from the field’s top experts. By signing up for this webinar, you are also opting in to the @fundraiserchad email list. Chad sends free fundraising tips and resources to this list once or twice per week. You can unsubscribe at any time.
5 Weirdly Easy “Life Hacks” That Will Make Your Fundraising Work MUCH Better
September 26, 1:00PM
Here’s some much-needed relief from “Fundraising Is Hard and It Keeps Getting Harder” Syndrome: 5 “tricks” that will make your fundraising tasks just a bit easier and less time-consuming … and more effective.
Collected from a 30-year career of hands-on fundraising, these hacks are practical, easy, and they work!
They’ll help you start your projects on the right foot, align your thinking and strategy with donor motivations, write stronger copy, stay on target — and raise more money.
What you will learn during this live nonprofit webinar:
- How to keep your fundraising messages laser-focused on the things your donors care about.
- How to keep yourself (and everyone else who’s involved) on the same page about your message.
- How to eliminate most of the guesswork that makes fundraising so difficult.
- How to write like a veteran fundraising pro starting TODAY.
Thursday, September 26, 2019 | 2:00 PM EDT
Most 501(c)(3) public charities rely on support from foundations to carry out their programs, but don’t always understand the legal rules that govern how foundations can give out money for advocacy activities. Understanding the rules that foundations operate under will help grantee organizations be savvier when it comes to requesting support for their advocacy, and how to describe their work to funders.
This one-hour webinar addresses:
- Why different types of foundations have to follow different rules,
- How those foundation rules affect advocacy grantmaking,
- What activities foundations may legally fund, and
- What activities a grantee should not ask a foundation to fund.
Creating a Culture of Volunteer Engagement
September 26, 2:00PM
It’s important to create a culture of inclusion and engagement of volunteers within your organization. But, it can be hard to recognize what your current culture says to volunteers, or identify how to make changes to help volunteers feel more welcome. This webinar will help you identify how your organization’s current culture is shaping or limiting what volunteers do, and provide steps you can take to start to create more understanding, respect, and appreciation for engaging volunteers.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to understand the role that culture plays in an organization’s volunteer engagement plan.
- Ways to identify opportunities within your organization to create a more open and inclusive culture for your volunteers.
This Is How Our Most Successful Clients Fill Their Events
September 26, 2:00PM
Have you found that it’s getting harder or taking longer to fill up your events?
Are you sick of waiting for checks in the mail?
Exhausted from processing registration forms?
In this free 45-minute webinar, you’ll learn:
- 3 recent trends preventing people from registering for your events
- One simple way to avoid event-related cash flow problems
- A proven 3-step process to fill events fast and cut your workload in half
Tuesday, October 8, 2019 | 2:00 PM EDT
Once you know your 501(c)(3)’s lobbying limits and what is and isn’t lobbying, you need to keep track of your lobbying expenditures so that your organization can report it to the IRS each year on the Form 990. This comprehensive webinar explains how to track your lobbying time and expenses so you know your organization is staying within its lobbying limits. You will learn how to report lobbying to the IRS, and how lobbying restrictions of 501(c)(3) organizations interact with state or local lobbying disclosure laws. We recommend taking the “Lobbying Regulations for 501(c)(3)s Organizations” webinar before this webinar, or being familiar with the subject matter of that webinar.
This one-hour webinar will address:
- The different reporting obligations for 501(c)(3) organizations that use the “insubstantial part” test and the 501(h) expenditure test,
- What kinds of lobbying-related costs a 501(c)(3) should track, and
- How to implement a straightforward system that will help you keep track of your lobbying expenses.
Wednesday, October 16, 2:00 pm ET
Pollinator meadows are an excellent way to restore habitat in agricultural landscapes. Clare Maffei surveyed the bee communities at established meadows and has ideas for how we can do even better by our native pollinators in these important projects.
To register for the webinar go to WebEx Events by Program and locate “Pollinator Webinar Series.” Click the Register link next to the webinar. Upon registration, you will
receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to join the webinar. Having trouble joining the event?