Wild Apricot: 5 Common Legal Traps for Nonprofits and How to Avoid Them
Wednesday, August 23, 2017, 2:00 PM ET
Have you ever worried your organization could have some hidden legal risks? Often it’s what we don’t know that can come back to haunt us. This is why we’ve invited Erin McClarty, nonprofit attorney and strategist, to present a free webinar on August 23 on the most common legal issues she sees nonprofits face, and what to do about them.
In this free webinar, Erin will show you:
- The 5 most common legal traps for nonprofits
- Several solutions and tools to reduce your risk
- The best jargon-free resources every nonprofit should read
GuideStar: Giving Season Is Coming … Is Your Organization Prepared?
Wednesday, August 23, 2017, 2:00 PM ET
The countdown to the end of the year is on!
Americans donated more than $379 Billion in 2016. Some 30 percent of those donations made online were made in the month of December alone. Without proper preparation,your organization could find itself missing out on much-needed funds.
With more than $177 million raised on Giving Tuesday, preparation prior to the giving season is vital to the success of organizations of all shapes and sizes. With proper planning and execution, you can reach tens of millions of potential donors without spending a penny.
On this webinar you’ll learn:
- How to plan, execute, and follow up on your dream giving season campaign
- How to inspire your community to take action for your cause
- What donors want to know before they give and what scares them off
- How to maximize your giving season potential with your GuideStar Nonprofit Profile
- From examples of nonprofits that pulled off effective giving season campaigns
Harbor Compliance: What Does it Take to be Complaint?
Wednesday, August 23, 2017, 2:00 PM ET
What are the charitable solicitation requirements and what does it take to be compliant? Join Harbor Compliance, a Neon One Certified Partner, to learn how your organization can become compliant with fundraising registration requirements. This webinar will cover the following topics: • State registration requirements • Online fundraising • Why compliance should be a priority • Registration costs • How to manage registrations
Network for Good: 30 Ways to Make Your Donors Feel Like Superheroes
Thursday, August 24, 2017, 1:00 PM ET
Research shows that when your donors feel seen and appreciated, they make larger gifts AND give longer. Sending a thank you letter or online receipt is just the beginning. #DonorLove can be so much MORE.
In this lively session, fundraising expert Lori Jacobwith will share:
- 30 easy donor recognition tactics to increase individual contributions by 20% to nearly 100%.
- Ways to create deeper connections with donors.
- Ideas to keep your supporters feeling the love all year long.
Firespring: Pave the Way for a Successful #Giving Tuesday
Wednesday, August 24, 2017 1:00 PM ET
#GivingTuesday is the biggest giving day of the year and just three months away on November 28. We’re kicking off the countdown with a webinar to teach you how to maximize the next few months to lay the foundation for a successful day of giving. Join Dana Ostomel, founder of Deposit a Gift and Firespring’s leading authority on crowdfunding, to learn the 10 most important components to creating an empathetic, engaged and responsive community that is ready to help you knock it out of the park. We promise: You’ll walk away confident about getting started planning your #GivingTuesday campaign.
What you’ll learn:
- How to get to know your donors and cultivate your network.
- Why a consistent communication plan matters.
- How to establish a brand your community connects to.
- Steps to generate loyalty that pays dividends.
- How to change your community’s relationship dynamics.
- What to do tactically to set up the campaign early.
Wild Apricot: 3 Easy Ways to Retain More Members Using Software
Friday, August 25, 2017 2:00 PM ET
Do you sometimes feel that your membership is like a leaky boat? Every time you look at your database, you notice a few members have left?
In this free webinar, you’ll learn how to:
- Get your members to renew on their own, so you don’t have to chase them
- Automate your new member onboarding process and save hours each week
- Quickly identify who is about to leave, and what you can do to keep them
Your Part-Time Controller: FASB accounting standards update
Friday, August 25, 2017, noon PM PST
FASB Accounting Standards Update (ASU) 2016-14 marks the largest change to nonprofit accounting guidelines in over 20 years.
YPTC has done the research. We understand the implications of ASU 2016-14.
Join us for a free webinar to learn how these changes will affect your nonprofit.
During this webinar you will learn:
- The major changes to the presentation of nonprofit financial statements
- How the new required audit disclosures may impact what funders think about your organization
- Tips on how to begin preparing now for these changes
You will leave this webinar with a checklist of suggested accounting policy changes to make now.
Motivate Monday with Fundraising Expert Pamela Grow
Monday, August 28, 2017, 1:00 PM ET
How are nonprofit professionals jumpstarting their week with purpose? Join us for Motivate Monday where:
- Every Monday we share your wins
- Feature a special guest with a quick tip to get your week started right
- And close with a Q&A session
Blue Avocado: Maximize online donations
Tuesday, August 29, 2017 11AM PST
Compared with less than 2 percent growth in overall US fundraising, online giving surged another 10-20 percent in both 2015 and 2016, while email fundraising increased by 25 percent. Join us for a practical, tactical workshop focused on sharing the tips, tools, and how-to steps for success your nonprofit needs to know to make the most of your digital presence. Our seasoned presenter will share tips designed to help you double online giving in just two months, plus a wide range of helpful resources and strategies for taking your organization into the future.
Blackbaud: Revolutionize the Way You Communicate with Your Constituents Tuesday, August 29, 2017 3:00 PM ET
If you could raise four times more donations than you do today, what kind of impact would that have on your cause? What if you could acquire 30% more new email addresses? You can! By sending the right messages to the right constituents at the right time, you can drive real results like these for your organization. And we have the solution to make it happen!
Raiser’s Edge NXT with Blackbaud Marketing is a total solution that helps you create and deliver a personalized, donor-centric communication model to support an effective, comprehensive fundraising strategy. By combining constituent data insights with advanced email marketing and automation, you can personalize your communications to expand your influence, operate more efficiently, and raise more dollars for your organization.
Digital Life Hacks: End-of-Year Giving
Wednesday, August 30, 2017, 2:00 PM ET
Digi know? Nearly one-third (31%) of annual giving occurs in December.
End-of-year giving is a big deal and can be wildly successful if it is planned and executed well. It’s important to ensure that you take the necessary steps to set yourself up for success early. You’ll thank yourself later for doing so! Learn how to make the most of your end-of-year appeals in this webinar, hosted by Mike Snusz, principal consultant at Blackbaud.
Diligent: 4 Reasons Board Self-Evaluations Are Ineffective-and How to Fix Them
Thursday, August 31, 2:00 PM ET
- Why board self-evaluations should matter (more than they seem to)
- How to combine full board self-assessment with director peer review (without overwhelming directors or corporate secretaries)
- How to learn what you need to know about board performance with no hassle and only a handful of questions
- Strategies for using the results effectively
Public Lands Alliance: Jingle Bells, Christmas Sells
Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM ET
Cost: $39 for Members, $59 for NonMembers & Government
The Golden Quarter – the holidays – usually account for 36% of a retailer’s annual sales. It represents the highest level of profitability, and it’s a highly stressful time because there is so much to do. In this webinar, Rich Kizer and Georganne Bender will guide you through what you need to do to get in the holiday selling game. We’re talking a list to check twice that includes in-store events, holiday display must-dos, Top 10 Lists, selling gift cards, return policies, post-holiday markdowns, and more! All attendees will receive a free copy of Kizer & Bender’s ebook, Jingle Bells, Christmas Sells: Events, Promotions & Tips for the Holiday Season!
Presenter: Rich Kizer and Georganne Bender, Kizer and Bender