Volunteer Match: Re-Energize your Volunteer Program by Designing Mission-Driven Opportunities
Wednesday, December 13th, 11:00 AM PT
Too often organizations look at volunteer engagement as something that’s nice to have, and never realize the true potential of volunteers. But, our organizations become more successful, responsive, and effective when we look at volunteers as a key component to our organization’s success. In this session we’ll discuss creating a connection between the work volunteers do and the mission of your organization. You’ll learn how to design volunteer opportunities with real impact, and how to tell the story of that impact both within your organization and to your community. Attendees will leave with sample mission-driven position descriptions and a worksheet to help craft their organization’s story of volunteer engagement.
What You’ll Learn:
- Design impact first opportunities
- Recognize the role of language in designing and building buy-in for volunteer opportunities
- Illustrate impact in your volunteer opportunities
firespring: Brandraising with Sarah Durham from Big Duck
Wednesday, December 13th, 1:00 PM ET
As you expand the tools you use to communicate online and off and staff’s roles change, how do you ensure you’re all speaking with one voice? Based on Sarah Durham’s book “Brandraising: How to Raise Money and Increase Visibility through Smart Communications” (Jossey-Bass, 2010) this webinar, presented in April 2016, introduces nonprofits to the concepts of Brandraising that can help you improve your fundraising, outreach and relationship-building communications.
- Understand how online communications connect to other channels (on air, in print, in person, mobile)
- Learn how to use positioning and personality to help keep all your work on track
- Learn how to speak with a unified organizational voice across all channels, in all tools
Wild Apricot: 3 Easy Ways to Retain More Members Using Software
Thursday, December 14th, 2:00 PM ET
Do you sometimes feel that your membership is like a leaky boat? Every time you look at your database, you notice a few members have left?
In this free 45-minute webinar, you’ll learn how to:
- Get your members to renew on their own, so you don’t have to chase them
- Automate your new member onboarding process and save hours each week
- Quickly identify who is about to leave, and what you can do to keep them
Volunteer Match: Understanding Soft Risk in Volunteer Engagement
Thursday, December 14th, 11:00 AM PT
We all worry about the hard risks that can have an impact on our volunteers and the work they do, but too often we don’t think about the soft risk. Soft risks are the attitudes, beliefs and actions that expose our organizations to risks. Those risks may include the actions of staff – both paid and volunteer, interactions on social media, lack of training for leaders and volunteers – leading to risky behavior, and how failing to screen for characteristics or “fit” can open volunteers and the organization up to risk. This webinar is designed to help attendees identify soft risks in their organization and give them the tools to make changes to processes and culture to minimize and address these risks.
What You’ll Learn:
- Understand how your organization’s culture of volunteer engagement may be opening it up to soft risk.
- Lead your organization through a soft risk assessment.
- Design communication and training plans to address soft risk.
bloomerang: TOWN HALL Customizing Donor Appreciation and Recognition
Thursday, December 14th, 1:00 PM ET
Please join Steven Shattuck, Chief Engagement Officer at Bloomerang and Terry Axelrod, Founder & CEO of Benevon for a special online town hall to discuss your donor appreciation/recognition process and how to integrate it into your year-round donor cultivation program. We’ll share several key strategies and then open it up for questions to help you apply these principles to your unique needs.
This is the perfect time of year to re-think how your organization acknowledges donors!
Please submit your questions, and we will try to answer as many as we can on the call live. Let us know:
- How do you currently recognize your year-end donors?
- What have you considered doing to personalize your donor recognition?
- What more would you like to do to further cultivate your year-end donors so that they become major donors?
The Nonprofit Times: Convert your donors to Give Monthly
Thursday, December 14th, 2:00 PM ET
Join Erica Waasdorp, President of A Direct Solution and Donor Perfect Expert as she shows you the importance of converting small donors to give monthly so they keep giving for years and years. With lively Q&A and Polls! You won’t want to miss this! Erica Will:
- Help prepare you to launch your monthly donor campaign in the new year, with examples and results.
- Provide online and off-line approaches on how best to convert donors generated or reactivated through giving days or year-end appeals.
- Provide free Tools and templates, like the new Monthly Donor Road Map and the Donor Perfect Monthly Donor Starter and Marketing Kits.
Pamela Grow: Motivate Monday with Fundraising Expert
Monday, December 18th, 1:00 PM ET
How are nonprofit professionals jumpstarting their week with purpose? Join us for Motivate Monday where:
- Every Monday we share your wins
- Feature a special guest with a quick tip to get your week started right
- And close with a Q&A session
Wild Apricot: 10 Tech Tools and Skills Fundraisers Can’t Succeed Without in 2018
Tuesday, December 19th, 2;00 PM ET
If you want to learn how some of the best fundraisers are able to hit higher and higher fundraising targets, I encourage you to join our free webinar on December 19 with Joe Waters. Joe is a sought-after speaker, writer and fundraising consultant who will show you how to make 2018 a banner year for your organization.
In this free webinar, Joe will show you:
- The 10 key fundraising tools and skills you will need to kick off the new year right
- Examples of organizations that are already successfully using these tools and skills and what you can learn from them
- How your organization can immediately apply Joe’s insights, regardless of size or budget
Nonprofit Tech for Good: Volunteer Match: Managing Difficult Volunteer Transitions
Tuesday, December 19th, 11:00 AM PT
What do you do when it’s time to ask a volunteer to leave your organization? This webinar will give you the tools to address challenges around difficult volunteers, volunteers aging in place, and suggestions to minimize these situations in the future. Suggestions for determining when a volunteer should be terminated, and making it easier on you, other volunteers, and staff will be presented. The role that risk management plays in these decisions will also be included.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to prepare your organization for difficult transitions
- How to identify transitions that need to be made
- How to manage difficult transitions and strategies for ending the volunteering relationship
- Know where to go to get resources and help
10 Emerging Trends in Online Communications and Fundraising
Tuesday, December 19th, 9:00 AM ET
The rate of computer technology advancement doubles every two years and with it improvements in Internet technology. As personal computers, smartphones, and the Internet of Things evolve, so must your nonprofit. This webinar will focus on what’s new and next in online communications and fundraising so that your nonprofit can prepare for the future and embrace being an early adopter. Topics include:
- What’s new in online and mobile fundraising
- What’s next in social media and mobile messaging apps
- The Internet of Things and its impact on the nonprofit communications and fundraising
- Demographic changes and their impact on the global nonprofit sector
Classy: Pro Tips for Growing an Event
Tuesday, December 19th, 10:00 AM PT
Learn from the rapidly growing nonprofit Tap Cancer Out and how they’ve transformed their supporters into powerhouse fundraisers.
Learn more and register
How Wild Apricot’s Membership Management Software Can Save You 20 Hours a Week
Thursday, December 21st, 2:00 PM ET
Are you the one who ends up staying late to get all the work done at your membership organization? Things like processing registrations, designing newsletters, and updating your website? In this webinar, we’ll show you how a typical membership manager uses Wild Apricot, the #1 rated membership management software, to automate 90% of these tasks to save 20 hours a week or more.
In this free 1-hour webinar, you’ll learn how to:
- Completely automate payments for dues and events
- Connect your website with your database so member records update automatically
- Set up automated welcome emails and reminders for overdue payments
- Create online registration forms and go completely paperless
- And more!